A reader on the road, a runner of routes and a ringleader in the realm of remarkable journeys.
After two decades in the travel business and twenty quick minutes to think about my travel style:
1. Perception matters. A properly picked luxury hotel brand is sufficient, but not necessary for a luxurious trip.
2. Travel companions matter. If the wife and two teenage boys are happy, then all is well with the trip.
3. A good time matters. I like fancy dinners and a nice spa (fancy and nice being qualitative descriptors, not quantifiable ones).
4. Lists matter. Particularly checklists (and parentheses, too) always make for a better experience (there is dissension from my family on this one, which I take the responsibility of managing intrapersonally).
5. Ownership matters. A local experience means that the money stays locally.
6. Logistics matter. A well-planned transfer with backups or where a hotel is located is just as important as the hotel itself.
7. Learning matters. I like museums (a half-day tour with a half-day to browse).
8. Exercise matters. I want to know if there's a decent treadmill available and/or what my outside running options are.
9. Libraries matter. If a hotel has a great library and someone on staff that can talk locally inspired books and authors, then I'm a fan for life.
10. Music matters. Every trip should have a playlist so your brain can easily go back to the trip when you return.
A lodge in the mountains of Tennessee that infuses wellness, outdoor adventure, hospitality and culinary into one unique stay.
Hotel Villa des Orangers Relais & Châteaux
In the heart of Marrakech, a charming riad with just 27 rooms done up in a rich, colorful style, with rooftop and courtyard pools and a traditional hammam.
Reid 's travel photos
Reid 's reviews
On our recent trip to New York City’s theater district, we had the pleasure of working with Reid, who helped us with the arrangements for our stay at the Hotel Edison. Reid's expertise and attention to detail enhanced our experience, eliminating any worry of organizing our hotel stay. Thanks to his guidance, our trip was seamless and enjoyable. And thanks to his knowledge, we could relax, knowing that the details of our hotel stay were taken care of efficiently. We will definitely be using Reid’s services again for our future travels.
- Rebecca B.
Booked travel to New York City
- February 2024
Get in touch with Reid
Reach out to customize and book your own experience. Or, just to chat about travel in general.
You can normally expect a response from Reid within a business day or so. You’ll also be subscribed to our travel newsletter (you can unsubscribe at any time).
Sign up for Reid 's email list
Stay in-the-know with the latest from Reid , including travel recs, hotel features & exclusive perks.