Family-Friendly Things to Do in Scottsdale, AZ
Scottsdale has been known for quite a few years now as the destination for bachelor and bachelorette parties (I actually had my own there several years ago!), but it is lesser known as a destination for families. With various delicious restaurants, large beautiful villas and family-friendly hotels to choose from, and lots of family-friendly activities — this destination is definitely not just for partying.
The Fora Difference
Book with Rachel to access exclusive perks and experiences on your trip.
Free upgrades, spa credits and more—we got you
Customized travel planning for your style
Expert advice from people who’ve actually been there
Where to stay in Scottsdale, Arizona
The Phoenician, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scottsdale
Tucked into Camelback Mountain, the Phoenician is a lovely modern enclave with a Sonoran feeling.
Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Iconic Scottsdale luxury hotel with the feeling of a grand all-inclusive getaway with Southwestern vibes.
Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
The timeless elegance of the Four Seasons meets adobe style and the nature of the Southwest at this resort.
When you book Four Seasons through Fora, you will enjoy exclusive Four Seasons Preferred Partner benefits. Your advisor will be pleased to give you more details.
Unlock perks by contacting Rachel to book your trip.
Things to do in Scottsdale, Arizona
Family-Friendly Activities in Scottsdale
1. Hiking Camelback Mountain: While considered a difficult hike, it is worth it for beautiful scenery and is well located in the middle of Phoenix, Scottsdale and Paradise.
2. McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park: Located in Paradise Valley area, the train park is perfect for children who have a love of trains. There is a train all family members can ride on as well as a carousel and playground for even more entertainment.
3. Phoenix Zoo: In addition to all of your typical-zoo attractions, there are a few other exciting additions like Harmony Farm, where children can interact with all types of farm animals.
4. Old Town Scottsdale: An area filled with lots of history that the whole family will love including shopping, galleries, parks and tons of family-friendly restaurants. Make sure to take a ride on the trolley that does a loop around the town (and it's FREE!).
Scottsdale Activities to Enjoy Without the Kids
5. Golf: Many travel to Scottsdale for the incredible golf courses, especially at TPC Scottsdale, where the PGA's Waste Management Phoenix Open takes place! Expect beautiful views while you enjoy a day on the course!
6. Self-Care: For those who are looking for some R&R, the area is known for its many luxurious, beautiful spas — especially those at the resorts mentioned in this guide.
7. Night Out: Given the area is recently infamous for it's bachelor/bachelorette scene, there are many options for an adults' night out — just head into Old Town Scottsdale's Entertainment District! (Rather have a "daytime" party instead? rent out a cabana at W Scottsdale's pool!).
Day Trips from Scottsdale
Sedona: For even more hiking options with incredible views, drive two hours north of Scottsdale to Sedona. This small mountain town offers various hiking opportunities including Cathedral Rock, Bell Rock and Red Rock State Park. If you'd prefer to go off-roading, check out Pink Jeep Tours.
Places to eat & drink in Scottsdale, Arizona
Family Friendly Restaurants in Scottsdale
1. Hash Kitchen: Enticing and creative breakfast options, including s'mores pancakes and banana split brioche french toast.
2. La Grande Orange Grocery: Go for the delicious pizza, but also stay for the general store, wine store and cake shop.
3. Culinary Dropout: Casual-style dining with something for the kids and many options for the adults.
4. Mowry & Cotton (at The Phoenician): A convenient option for those staying at the resort, but even if you aren't, this restaurant has a low-key dining experience perfect for the entire family.
Restaurants for Date Night in Scottsdale
5.. Maple & Ash: An upscale steakhouse with an incredible fine-dining experience.
6. Nobu: A classic Japanese spot for some of the best sushi.
7. Fat Ox: Wonderful vibe with some of the best homemade pasta dishes around.
8. Olive & Ivy: Head to the Scottsdale Waterfront and Marketplace area for some shopping and then head to this Mediterranean-style restaurant for tasty food options.
Get in touch with Rachel
Did you like this guide? Reach out to customize and book your own experience. Or, just to chat about travel in general.
You can normally expect a response from Rachel within a business day or so. You'll also be subscribed to our travel newsletter (you can unsubscribe at any time).