Travel Advisor

Jillian Thayer



  • California,
  • Colorado,
  • Sardinia,
  • Baja,
  • Mexico,
  • Boutique Travel,
  • Beaches
Icon Share


Advisor - Jillian Thayer


A go-to luxury, wellness and adventure expert. Home is the beaches of San Diego, but I'm a professional sunset and sunrise chaser around the globe. Mom to a two year-old frequent flier and whoodle.

Home airports

San Diego 90% of the time. John Wayne and LAX the other 10%.

My travel style

I've swam with whale sharks and horses, bobsled-ed at Utah's Olympic Park, bathed elephants in Thailand and skied the most coveted slopes in the US. While I always stay active and love a jam-packed itinerary, I make sure to top off my trips with a day at the spa for a moment of zen. I've been working in or with hotels for 15 years, having started in-house at the Hard Rock San Diego at 19. My full-time career has been spent doing PR for luxury hotels, resorts and destinations around the world.

Favorite hotels

Recently returned from:

  • Boating, spa and volcano adventures on the Big Island of Hawaii. 

  • Forest bathing, wildlife spotting and Ironman adventures in Victoria, BC. 

  • Road-tripping and eating my way around Big Sur and Carmel by the Sea. 

  • Exploring nature, bear watching and tubing in the great outdoors of South Lake Tahoe.

Dreaming of:

  • Maldives.

  • Spain.

  • Portugal.

  • Scotland.

One thing I can't travel without...

Brixton hats – whether it's a bucket hat or straw brim, it's a necessity.

Two truths, one lie:

  1. I've gotten caught in a hurricane in Los Cabos.

  2. I've hitchhiked in Sardinia.

  3. I've gone heli-skiing in Whistler.

Advisor - Jillian Thayer

Travel Advisor

Jillian Thayer

Get in touch with Jillian

Reach out to customize and book your own experience. Or, just to chat about travel in general.

You can normally expect a response from Jillian within a business day or so. You'll also be subscribed to our travel newsletter (you can unsubscribe at any time).